We’re all familiar with CCTV and burglar alarms – but what about using security shutters and grilles as a way to increase your home’s security? While this method may not be your first thought, there are many security benefits that shutters and grilles can offer to any modern home. So, if you’re wondering if security shutters and grilles are right for your property’s security needs, this article will help you decide.
Should You Get Security Shutters or Grilles?
Let’s take a look at the main features and benefits of security shutters and grilles.
An extra layer of protection: Simply put, grilles and shutters add an extra layer of protection and security to your home by covering the entrance points of your property, such as doors, garages and windows. Designed to withstand impact, they will add strength to these vulnerable
- areas of the home.
- Deterrence: Often, even the mere presence of shutters or grilles is enough to put off a would-be intruder. By adding this extra barrier, you’re making their job twice as hard, and so thieves will be less likely to attempt a break-in to begin with.
- Customisable to your tastes: A factor which may be putting you off shutters or grilles is the look. The image that many people have of shutters or grilles is the ugly, metal ones on the front of pubs. In reality, shutters and grilles can be easily customised with different colours, materials and patterns to complement your exterior design, enhancing the beauty of your home or garage. For example, choose a clean white if you’re going for a classic look, or opt for a hue that matches your front door or garage. Grilles are also available in a range of colours, along with a choice between S or X lattice.
- Durability: Shutters and grilles are crafted from strong, durable materials and finished off with a secure locking system. Here at Shutter Spec Security, we guide you through a few material choices so you can get the right level of protection and durability.
- Sound-proofing: Another perk of security shutters is they help to filter out noise from outside. So if you need a bit of peace and quiet, simply roll them down to muffle any unwelcome sound.
- Insulation: Did you know? As an extra layer over a door or window, shutters can also increase your home insulation, potentially saving you a few pounds in energy bills over the winter months.
- Make sure they are professionally installed: A high-quality product needs high-quality installation to match. A shoddy job may diminish the benefits described so far, and so you should always make sure the supply and installation is from a trusted, experienced company.
If you’re seeking home security shutters and grilles to suit your style and offer that extra bit of security, then Shutter Spec Security can help. As a family-run business with over 30 years’ experience, we’re dedicated to installing expertly-crafted grilles and shutters for your home. For a free site survey and quotation, simply get in touch today.